Author Topic: The Most Useful Artifacts In The Starflight Universe  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Thryss_Thrynn

• Thyrnn Political Advisor
  • Science Officer
    • View Profile
The Most Useful Artifacts In The Starflight Universe
« on: October 06, 2007, 02:14:53 am »
What Artifacts in the Starflight universe of both SF1 and Sf2 do u think is the useful artifacts?

Captain Thryss_Thrynn2006 Out

Offline capi3101

• Grand Admiral (loser)
  • Fleet Admiral
    • View Profile
    • The Starflight Role-Playing Game
Re: The Most Useful Artifacts In The Starflight Universe
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 03:31:01 am »
Let's see...SF1. There are a number of really useful artifacts in the game, but the big three are the Rod Device, the Shimmering Ball, and the Tesseract. I'd say the Rod Device is probably the most useful of the three for warmongering types; there's something to be said for being able to close to knife-fighting range without having to worry about enemy lasers. Just go with missiles and you've got a huge advantage in combat. It's even a good strategy with lasers against Gaz (particularly if you also have the Shimmering Ball). For the explorer type, the Tesseract is best; anything that can extend your range has to be a Good Thing.

SF2...hands down the Planetary Teleporter. That little jewel has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. I'd give second place to the TV lifeform shield, since you can wind up spending a fair amount of time hunting dangerous lifeforms and any little bit helps. Blastopods are also fun, particularly in concert with a Shield Nullifier.
We, the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing,
are doing the Impossible, for the Ungrateful.

Offline universaltim

• Sub-Commander
  • Boldly going where angels fear to tread.
    • View Profile
    • Saving the Universe...because you gotta have a hobby.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 03:44:16 am »
Well, that pretty much sums it up for what I was going to say. However, I have to add to SF1...the Crystal Pearl. Heck, I'm doing a story that uses that little beauty in the Nebula Lounge! Saved my butt on a few occasions...
All I ask, the heaven above, and the road below me. -Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline NCCAD

• Science Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 03:06:04 pm »
How about the Red Cylinder? With that, finding all other useful artifacts gets a lot easier.
Hmm, most useful in SF2? For raw exploration, the System Scanner was really nifty. Back before we knew where all the colonizable planets were, it was a real time saver, since you could just pop into a system and scan, and immediately know if there were any possibilities.
My nomination for least useful artifact? The Field Stunner. It gulped down your TV energy like there was no tomorrow, and I rarely found myself in a situation where I had to stun more than, say, two lifeforms at any one time.

Offline Thryss_Thrynn

• Thyrnn Political Advisor
  • Science Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:46:12 pm »
I Love both the System Scanner & The Encounter scan. Cause it can help you avoid The Spemins in SF2 when they demand 1/2 of your fuel them theives!=)). My my next Favorite Artifact is the Planetary Teleporter. With that device, I can double my A.T.V's range without running out of fuel. It that happens, you can hit a certain button and it brings you back to your ship automatically, My next is the Field Stunner as the last poster mentioned. You can stun mutliple creatures around your A.T.V. And starship if
necessary, that is great in case u need to stun dangerous lifeforms if you happen to land on one :eek: :lol. My Last favorite Artifact I like and have mentioned about this artifact before. That is the Mineral Drone(F2). With that device, I can go and do
some trading while that does the dirty work for you. When your ready to leave that trade planet it automatically return to your
ship. Here's my 5 Favorite Artifacts I like to have in SF2.

#1 - Mineral Drone
#2 - System Scanner
#3 - Encounter Scanner
#4 - Field Stunner
#5 - Planetary Teleport

In Starflight 1 I have The Cloaking Device which is useful in ship to ship combat. The Rod Device, this deflect lasers around
one ship. The Thrynns, claim that they invented these devices :rollin. Heed not such folly has the headfruits would say. My other
favorite artifacts for Starflight 1 is, The Black Egg Device, In which I like to say bye-bye Uhlek Brain World and Crystal Planet
 :lol. My other 2 favorites are the Terressact and The Red Cylinder. The Red Cylinder locates other useful artifacts for you.
and the Terressact doubles the efficiency your ship's engines. Here's my top 5 Starflight 1 favorite artifacts listed from 1-5 ok.

#1 - Cloaking Device
#2 - Rod Device
#3 - Black Egg
#4 - Red Cylinder
#5 - Terressact

I enjoyed having all of these 10 Artifacts I mentioned about from Starflight 1 and 2. I cant await to get my hands on the new
artifacts that'll be discovered in Starflight 3. Just a ? on Aritfacts for SF3 ok. How many in #s of New Artifacts are we looking
to discover in SF3? I was also wonder if u could give me a name of some of these artifacts. Dont give out the location of where
they are but just names ok. I'll understand if you dont want to reveal any secrets of SF3 ok.

Captain Thryss_Thrynn2006 Out

P.S. This is my longest thread to date :lol :rollin
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 04:53:28 pm by Thryss_Thrynn »

Interstel Comm Center

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:46:12 pm »

Your Ad Here